Since 2005, Nashville-based Carlson Music Management, Inc. (CMM) has provided
music clearance, licensing services, and intellectual property management for all forms of
media, including television, film, print, and digital.
Our goal is to efficiently and effectively provide comprehensive clearance services to our clients as they navigate the complex world of synchronization licensing. Distinct advantages you'll experience when you partner with CMM include:
- Our long-standing relationships with music publishers and labels around theworld to negotiate the most favorable rates
- Extensive and thorough research capabilities to locate the appropriate parties thatcontrol the rights of songs and master recordings
- Defined and proven licensing processes that ensure all agreements are accurateand cover the terms that have been negotiated
- Regular client updates to track clearance progress
- Seasoned advice as to the best terms and media to utilize
- Vast resources of high quality songwriters and publishers for original musicspecifically written for a project or film
- Cost estimates based on the client's budget parameters
- Accurate and timely cue sheets for the respective Performing RightsOrganizations (PRO)
- Negotiation and clearance of sample use
A few of our clients . . .
- UP Entertainment (cable television network)
- ASPIRE (cable television network)
- Trilogy Films
- Kali Films (London)
- Trinity Broadcasting Network (cable television network)
- Word Entertainment
- Nashville Visitor and Convention Bureau
- LifeWay Worship
- I Am Second
- Giving Films LLC
- Gospel Music Association
- Sentinel Group
A sampling of our clearance projects . . .
- Alice Walker: Beauty in Truth (documentary)
- Gideon's Army (documentary)
- Spies of Mississippi (documentary)
- 90 Minutes in Heaven (feature film)
- Week of the Eighth (indie film)
- Paper Angels (film)
- Raising Izzie (film)
- Brother White (film)
- Music City Show (Nashville)
- Nashville Rescue Mission
- Finding Normal (film)
- A Chance of Rain (film)
- Best of Stellars
Music Publishing/Catalog Administration
In late 2014, Carlson Music Management opened a new division within the company that administers the song catalogs of various publishing companies and songwriters. Services include:
- Proper registration of songs in the necessary databases
- Licensing for all third-party requests
- Quotes for all synchronization and other arbitrary-cost uses
- Detailed quarterly-royalty statements for all of our clients
We utilize a "cloud" database system (MusicPubWorks) that allows our clients to access their own song information from anywhere in the world via any device. Clients are able to directly access their song catalog as well as any royalty activity generated. The system also provides a way to track pitches to labels and artists; organized all in one place.
We are songwriters ourselves so we understand the immense value that a song has and work hard to protect its interests for our clients. And, as a "boutique, specialized" firm, we can provide a close and personal touch when it comes to administering song catalogs.
The Back Story
With 30+ years of experience in music publishing, record production, and intellectual property management issues, Pete Carlson is a highly accomplished professional who has held a wide variety of positions in the music industry.
In the last decade, Pete has leveraged his long-standing relationships with labels and publishers to provide reasonable and quality clearance services for clients. Pete began his career as a touring solo artist in the mid-70's. During those years, he released six (6) critically acclaimed albums and has written over 350 songs, many of which have been cut and/or published.
Pete's vast music industry experience has combined to create a "perfect storm" for excellent music clearance services that serve the licensing needs of television networks, advertising agencies, film production companies, non-profits, documentary film makers as well as a host of DVD projects.